Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dal Rae - Pico Rivera

For our first "double big-lil bonding" date, we decided to head up to Los Angeles for dineLA @ Dal Rae. =)

Of course I had overestimated how long it would take us to drive from Irvine to Pico Rivera so we got there super early. Instead of eating dinner really early, I took them to Phoenix Food Boutique for a "pre-dinner" snack. [[when I finally take pictures of all the goodies, I'll blog about Phoenix, but this post will be concentrated on Dal Rae]].

Around 5pm we headed over to Pico Rivera. I didn't make reservations because I wasn't sure what time we'd get there but the hostesss was very nice about it (and also there were still plenty of tables free).

Pre-appetizer, our waitress brought out picked peppers on ice for us to munch on.


It was quite delicious. I was scared to try some peppers cause they looked spicey but none of them were. =D... although I ate one small one and it basically all the juices squirted out.

Appetizers-- Crab Cake or Calamari


Crab Cakes: Delicious! Actual crab chunks in the cakes. Yummy! The only place I've had better crab cakes was at The Cannery (but I forgot my camera so I didn't take pictures and so there's no blog for it).

Calamari: Ehs. Tastes the same like all the other calamaris. It's not a BAD thing but there wasn't anything that stood out about the calamari. Can go somewhere else for the same tasting calamari.

Entrees-- Filet Mignon


Cooked exactly the way we wanted it. Medium rare for some. Medium for others. Medium rare... uhh the best way to have your steak! =P It was good & juicy & tender. mmmms. Steak could be a little bigger IMO but then I really love filet migon, but it was a perfect size.

Desserts-- Creme brulee, tiramisu, and this chocolate covered ice cream mode.


Creme brulee as awesome as I remember creme brulee's being. rawrs! Thick crispy top and eggy bottom.. i just love that!
the Tirimisu, my lil, said the rum is strong but it's a good strong and it was really good, but i didn't try it so i cannot comment. =P
The chocolate ice cream mode thingy, honestly did not look appetizing at all but it wasn't so bad. The ice cream was good and so was the chocolate shell.

Overall the experience was great! The atmosphere was like an old 70s or 80s feel to it (i didn't grow up in any of those decades so i'm not quite sure..). Everyone was nice, the service was excellent and we all had a really good time.

It ended up costing us about $45 each (tip + tax) for 3 courses. It was worth it for the quality of food we ate and the service we received. =)

9023 Washington Blvd
Pico Rivera, CA 90660

No comments:

Post a Comment