Friday, April 2, 2010

Yamashiro - Hollywood

It's a beautiful place. We had one of the best seats in the restaurant. In front of the restaurant overlooking beautiful Los Angeles (if you consider LA beautiful).

I bought a groupon for $40 for $80 worth of food at Yamashiro. I've been to the website before because someone I know took his girlfriend here once years ago and I remember thinking it was gorgeous and I would like to come once! What luck, GROUPON!

I went with my big, Michelle, today. Another score, I made reservations on opentable and it was worth 1,000 points! =D

Anyways back to the review. I ordered American Wagyu Steak, roasted shishito pepper & brocollini hash, crispy onions, tomato-ginger salsa $39. She ordered Cracked Pepper Filet Mignon, broccolini, twice-baked wasabi potato, cabernet reduction $38.

$77 of our $80 so we didn't end up having to pay for anything except tip for $40. Thank goodness for the groupon because I do not think it would be worth it for full price.

Looks delicious doesn't it? However for the name "wagyu" it actually tasted like any other steak I've had. In fact I think I've had better steak before. The saddest part I think is I thought the tomato-garlic salsa was the best part of the meal. It had a nice kick to it.

Overall I do not recommend coming here because of the price and the quality of food. If each dish was half the price, it would be worth coming here for average food. For above average price, it's just not worth it because you can honestly get the same taste of meat, texture, sauce, etc. at a much cheaper restaurant.

Even if you factor in the view, it isn't... AMAZING. But hey I was born and raised in LA, it's nothing new so I guess I wasn't impressed at all. Also you need the valet your car which I knew before going however I'm not sure I really like the way the valet guys were driving peoples' cars. We were sitting in the front, we could see the people pulling up, handing the keys to the guy, the people would go in, the guy would drive the car with the door open! Even though it was a short drive, I still thought it was careless.

We tipped $15. $7.50 for valet. $2 tip to the valet.

1999 N. Sycamore Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90068

No comments:

Post a Comment