Friday, April 2, 2010

Eiffel Tower Restaurant - Paris Hotel, Las Vegas

(Pictures taken by Ann Luong)

So begins the most expensive meal in my entire life. $89/person, 5 course tasting menu at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant in Paris Hotel, Las Vegas. Was it spectacular? Yes it was. It was SO good. I've paid almost as much at other restaurants, but never quite as much which is why this is the most expensive meal ever. It was also the most filling and best meal!

I didn't feel like going clubbing on Saturday night (March 27) so Ann and I decided to go eat somewhere. Ann wanted to go somewhere with a view (not necessarily to go someplace to EAT with a view) and I figured HEY when in Vegas why not go eat at a nice place with a view. So we decided to go up the mini eiffel tower to have a late dinner (9:30pm). We had a late lunch at the Wynn Buffet.

Most of the entrees were close to $40. The appetizers were about $15-$20. So I figured why not go for the 5 courses for $89? It seems like an awesome deal. Triple the amount of food for double the price, essentially. The catch was everyone at the table had to do the tasting menu. Ann seemed hesitant so I didn't bring it up, until SHE BROUGHT IT UP! & of course I readily agreed. =D

Course # 1/2 (I don't think they count this as a course) - Les Amuses Bouches
Three tiny one biters to get our appetites started.
Ann only took pictures of two of them.

Smoked Salmon on croƻton.

Duck confit. Duck leg that is cured in salt and then poached in its own fat.
My favorite amuse bouche was the middle one which was the soup but there's no picture!

Course #1: Warm Maine Lobster Salad, Cauliflower and Romanesco

It was simply delectable. For a salad there wasn't enough green for me but there was tons of lobster. As you can see the entire salad was lobster with a bit of greens on top. The lobster was juicy and I'm glad they took the meat out of the shell for me already, lOl. I think what really made the dish was the sauce. It was creamy but not overpowering. I'm not a fan of creamy sauces usually because it's soo creamy and it makes me feel thirsty after eating it but this was just the right amount of creaminess. It went really well with the lobster.

Course #2: Cream of French Green Lentils, Braised Ham

Okay when they first brought out the plate/bowl it just had this tiny chopped up braised ham in the middle and I was thinking... that's it? This tiny tiny piece of ham. And then the server said "wait, the soup is coming now" and this other person poured the soup into the bowl. The look of relief on my face? Yes, yes there was. However it was brown and that put me off cause I've never had brown soup, so I thought it was mushroom soup. (Yeah.. we didn't really remember what our courses were suppose to be because they take the menu away from you!). Boy was I surprised when it actually tasted good! That's all I remembered how it tasted, just good. I don't even remember the flavors. Just that I wasn't disappointed.

Course #3: Filet of Red Snapper, Salsify, Blue Kale, Marjolaien and Pine Nuts

My FAVORITE dish of the meal & my life! It was SO freaking good. The red snapper was perfectly cooked. It was so juicy. I've had so many overcooked fish before and well mostly we like to deep fry the fish too. But this was just so good. Ughs, I don't know what those crispy things are called on top of the red snapper but they were SO GOOD. The best texture I've ever tasted. It was a great combination of crispy with the soft fish. The blue kale was great too! It wasn't overly salty like seaweed. This was a perfect dish.

Course #4: Venison Chop, Chestnut and Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato, Huckleberries

Venison is deer meat! I did not know that. In fact when we were eating this we thought it was lamb. Wow. Nonetheless it was still a delicious piece of meat. I'm not a huge fan of lamb (mostly because I don't really eat it) but since it wasn't, I'm all confused. Because I thought the meat was gamey and a bit tougher than regular beef, so I knew it wasn't from a cow. Is lamb tough? However, reading about venison it seems that is the right texture for the meat. It's leaner meat than beef and has a tougher texture and tastes gamey. But I thought it was nicely seasoned. It really covered up the gamey taste. I only tasted a little so if it was suppose to be gamey without the seasoning and sauce I wonder how it would've tasted? Hms, I ponder. The sweet potato was a nice surprise. I thought it was mashed sweet potato when I first saw it but it's actually thinly sliced sweet potato. It was awesome! =) I'm also not a fan of Brussels sprouts but I don't know, I cleaned this plate and the other ones too. I ate EVERYTHING.

Course #5: Eiffel Tower Dessert - I chose Raspberry Napoleon, Vanilla Blanc, Manager

Okay first off when they brought my dessert that little mound of vanilla JIGGLED. It was the most fascinating thing. I kept shaking my plate to watch the vanilla blanc jiggle, jiggle, jiggle. It was so hilarious. Yes, I am easily amused. Back to the dessert. Raspberries were sweet. There were tons of them. I love the cream filling. The coconut crisps were crispy and it was sweet and didn't taste much like coconut because I do not like coconuts. The vanilla blanc, although fun to watch, I felt wasn't sweet enough. It didn't have a strong vanilla presence so I felt like I was eating something pretty bland compared to it's partner the raspberry napoleon. Hms, maybe I should've eaten the vanilla blanc before the raspberry then it would've been tasty. Oh wells, I didn't eat it in that order.

We were also suppose to get petit fours but we didn't. It's alright, we were stuffed anyways. Actually I think when he asked if we wanted coffee or anything that's when we were suppose to say yes and then he'd bring it out. I read that petit fours are usually served at the end of the meal with coffee. Oh wells.

Overall it was FANTASTIC. I would definitely recommend coming here but only if you decide you want to spend the money.

3655 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109




No comments:

Post a Comment