Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dong Nguyen Restaurant - Alhambra

On a rainy Tuesday afternoon, my friend (whom I haven't seen in forever!) and I went to Dong Nguyen to have lunch. He was really craving Hainan Chicken and so he suggested this place, cause he's been here before and loves it. I haven't been there before and I am always up to try new restaurants! =D

The restaurant is a hole-in-the-wall establishment. It was quite small but when we went at noon there weren't that many people there so it easy to find a seat.

He ordered Hainan Chicken (of course) and I ordere
d the Cubed Beef with Tomato Rice (#3 on the menu).


The Hainan Chicken was succulent. It was juicy and tender. The sauce was much better than Savoy's. I only tried a piece and I already liked Dong Nguyen's Hainan Chicken over Savoy's (which was quite a disappointment).



My Cubed beef was also quite good. I was busy talking & listening so I didn't really get to eat my lunch. Although he seemed to have finish his.. mine on the other hand looked like it was barely touched. What I did eat was very good. The tomato rice was how I like it. I took the leftovers home and had it for lunch the next day and the meat was still soft (excellent!).

1433 Valley Blvd
Alhambra, CA 91801

No comments:

Post a Comment